Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Understand me, as a mother, please?!

Yes, I get it, you work hard all day for us, but I have to wonder how much longer we can put up with all of this. This is both of us here. I don't want sex when I snuggle closer, I want warmth. I want your help around the house. I want you to see the dishes piling up and say I should do those, not just pile mor on top! I want you to understand that our son wants his daddy all day we play and talk and when daddy comes up in the conversation, he does nothing but smile. when you do have him you don't talk to him or play you just sit and get frustrated that he is crying. He wants you to acknowledge him, DUH! When I say I love you, I want you to say it back. I want to hear it. When I tell you I need me time, I mean it. A time frame of an hour where I can be myself, not worry about you not taking care of our son. I haven't been able to have one of those in a long time. I'm too worried that you will ignore z. I tell you things I want to watch and you ignore it completely because it is not interesting to you. I spend my time and my days thinking on how to make you happier and I ignore my own needs to do so, and you think I can be satisfied with only a small gift in return that you admit is really for z and future kids not so much for me?  I married you because I love you. I want to make a long life with you, but I feel like you don't understand me and what I want. We don't have money to be spending willy nilly I know. So I have been trying to sell some items but I am having no luck what so ever. I know you work hard but when you come home saying you're exhausted and want to sleep, try my day on for size. Worry about the things I worry about. Do the dishes, laundry, take care of z, make bottles, balance the books, play with z and rock him, soothe him, read and sing to him, bathe him, explain things to him, help him grow, change him, watch movies and play more games and listen to music with him. Go out on errands such as mail, bills, get more books, try applying for part time work. It never ends. You come home from work and get to leave it there, my work is currently in the next room sleeping. My job doesn't end like yours does. My job is being a mom.
That being said, I want to thank you for the foot rubs you give me when I'm rocking z to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment