Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Day

Today marks 5 years that my husband and I have been together.  Not necessarily married, just together.
While he went off to work this morning, I went abut feeding and burping and playing with the small one.
I left him in his bouncer so i could get some more sleep.  He eventually fell asleep too.
As he woke up from his nap two hours later, to my dismay, he was crying.  He needed fed and changed being as he was in his diaper and had not eaten in four hours.
I tried to get up. I honestly did.  the covers really were holding me captive.  I rolled over, turned the monitor off, and attempted sleep.  I could still hear him crying and i wanted to get up but i couldnt bring myself to.  I couldnt bring myself to get up out of bed and go help my child.
I wanted to be selfish and sleep.
Eventually i got up and got him fed, changed and bundled up.  I was taking him to see a friend so that i could be selfish, sleep, take a bath, and do me things.
I have not had any me time, and this is how it has gone so far.
I ate my lunch more slowly than i would.  I didnt have to talk to z through it or play with him or smile at him. I didnt need to worry if he was going to need to be held while i was mid bite either.
Here i am, writing, and trying to figure out how to do my next project.  I am running out of money, so i am crafting gifts, which i think will be more special anyways.
So I help my husband by picking him up and he says happy 4 years. I was livid! 4 I ask. Yes because then it seems like longer later. Why does he have to be so aggravating?

No comments:

Post a Comment