Thursday, October 16, 2014

what do parents teach?

Yesterday I met with a different counselor who could prescribe me an antidepressant because just going to therapy and doing my coping skills weren't enough. id get into it but itd bore you. long story short, i needed them, and it was time. 
I started to take them.  one a day. it is supposed to take 7 to 10 days to start but i already slept better and had more energy today. 
A new coping mechanism i thought was stupid at first.  Putting the alphabet together. my husband started it as a game.  The wooden alphabet wagon that my son got for his birthday.  if the letters are out of order you see how many you can put in order before you run into a repeat (just A and B repeat)  so 28 blocks and me tried this today while having a slight anxiety attack.  It wasnt bad.  I did it and had no repeats.  and was calm.  I told garrett that it helped me and as i was doing it again this evening, garrett said i was doing it wrong and then he tipped the wagon upside down and he did it himself.  I was so mad and upset.  i cried and z cried and i took blocks away from him.  oops, we cant do that.  i gave them back and appologized to him. sorry garrett that was mean of me.  i looked at z and said i didnt need to be mean to daddy, it was not ok.  z agreed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment